In the short run, we cannot guarantee our services will cost less than the average brokerage company, whose representatives like to say they “provide the advice for free.” However, over the long term, we believe our investment management service becomes very cost effective for five basic reasons:
- We don't charge or get paid a commission. Since our only compensation comes directly from you, you can be certain that our interests are aligned with yours. We believe this objectivity will keep our focus on finding the right investments for you as opposed to what pays the highest commission.
- Your commissions and transaction fees can be reduced through the use of a discount broker.
- Our trading activity is usually reduced (compared to someone who has an incentive to trade frequently) and therefore the amount of “friction” from fees and taxes will be lower.
- We use institutional class, No-Load mutual funds which eliminates costly up-front charges and hidden exit charges.
- Our hope is that you will experience better investment results over the long term from having someone on your side. Our fees rise with the value of your accounts, so our primary focus is the same as yours – to make the portfolio increase in value.